For the pork belly:
- 1.2 kg pork belly
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp five spice powder
For the garnish:
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Small bunch mint, chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
This is the easiest way to get your pork crackling crispy all the way through, just roast it normally first to render the fat and dry the skin, then give it a blast at the end to get that crispiness all the way through.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C on the steam bake setting and fill your water reserve.
- Mix salt and five spice powder together then liberally season the underside of the pork belly. Season the skin liberally with salt.
- Place pork belly on a wire rack over a baking tray and roast for one hour.
- After one hour, turn the heat up to 220°C and continue roasting til crackling forms in an even layer, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar, coconut vinegar and chilli oil in a bowl and stir to dissolve. When ready to serve, toss through chopped herbs.
- Slice pork belly into strips and garnish with herb salad.