- 500g green beans
- 4 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, smashed
- Fresh banana chilli sliced (keep seeds if you like it spicy)
- 150g blanched almonds
- 250ml water
- 1 garlic clove
- Lemon juice to taste
- 10g salt
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- To make the almond cream, add all ingredients to a pot and bring to 65deg. Once the temperature has reached 65deg, add to a blender and blend until smooth. Season accordingly. If too thick add more water and oil.
- To toast the hazelnuts, place in a pan and cook gently over a moderate heat. When the nuts begin to colour add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Clean the beans and cook in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. I like my beans soft, but cook them how you like. Once the beans are cooked, drain really well and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To plate, add almond cream to plate, top with dressed beans. Top with hazelnuts and fresh chilli.