2 x 200g Kingfish fillet portions (skin on)
200g cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 whole eschallot
150ml extra virgin olive oil
75ml cabernet vinegar
- Slice the Eschallot and garlic and add with the oil in a pan and place on a medium-low heat for 20min without browning.
- Add the Tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes on the same heat or until the tomatoes have a slight blister and are soft. Remove from the heat and let rest.
- Pan sear the fish skin side down, season and press with a fish weight (baking paper between fish and weight) until the skin is crispy (about 5 min) on a medium heat.
- Without turning the fish, place the pan with the fish into a 180ºc oven for 3 minutes until the fish is opaque in the centre or medium-medium well. Remove from oven and rest.
- Place the tomato pan back on the heat and add the vinegar, herbs and season.
- Present the fish, place the tomatoes on top and garnish with Nasturtiums and Shiso, serve with lemon.