175ml maple syrup
300g roasted almond meal
15g baking powder
170g boiled and pureed blood orange
10g fresh rosemary, finely diced
- Boil the oranges for 1.5 hours. The water should cover the oranges and be at a slow boil with a lid on to maintain the water level. Top up if necessary to keep oranges submerged.
- While still hot, place 170g of orange in the blender (discard the water), add the fresh rosemary and blend to puree.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 145°C using the Electrolux Steam cooking function.
- Line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, gradually adding the maple syrup until the mix is light and fluffy.
- Add the roasted almond meal and baking powder to the egg mix.
- Then add the pureed orange, folding in with a spatula, a third at a time. Fold well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Cook for 45 mins.
- Allow cake to cool before serving.
- Serve with cream and blood orange segments for decoration.
- This is a great moist cake, which can be dairy free if you don’t use cream for decorating.
- There is no refined sugar and it’s low in fructose.