- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ cup butter (115g), room temp
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 50g plain flour (just under ½ cup)
- 160ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 175 °C steam cooking.
- In a stand mixer, place shortbread ingredients and mix with a paddle attachment until combined.
- Line a 23 x 23 cm tray with baking paper and press the shortbread out to form an even bottom.
- Prick holes with a fork and place in the freezer for 10minutes
- Remove shortbread from the freezer and bake in oven for 10-12minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime, mix eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest together. Sift over the flour and mix until fully combined.
- Remove base from the oven and allow to cool slightly before straining the mixture over the top, this ensures any lumps don’t find their way into the final curd.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and finishing with a dusting of icing sugar.