½ cup jasmine rice, well washed
3 tbsp black glutinous rice, soaked overnight or at least 6 hours
1 stick lemon grass, bruised
½ vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tbsp sugar
300ml coconut milk
50g palm sugar
4 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 130°C using the Electrolux Steam cooking function.
- Wash the pre-soaked black rice and place in a shallow tray or ceramic bowl with the washed jasmine rice.
- Add the lemongrass, sugar, coconut milk,water and vanilla and stir well.
- Cover with foil and steam for 30 mins.
- Check that the rice is cooked. It should be moist but with a slight bite to it.
- Uncover the rice and let it stand for 10 mins at room temperature.
- Slightly stir the rice with a fork to separate the grains.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Turn your oven to top grill setting.
- Cut the banana lengthways in the skin and place on a baking tray. Grate the palm sugar over the exposed flesh of the banana and grill in the skin until bubbling and dark brown, about 2-3 mins.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool. Lightly toast the coconut under the grill for a further 1-2 mins or until just golden.