3 sweet potatoes
1 cup - 2 cups spelt flour
1 tsp. salt
400 g cooked black beans
250 g canned or frozen corn
2 ripe avocados
2 stalks spring onion
2 handfuls of coriander
15 small cherry tomatoes
1 lime, juiced
1 clove garlic
Salt & pepper
Pickled red onion
- Set oven to 200°C. Prick holes into the sweet potatoes and roast for 45 min - 1 hour or until completely cooked through. Leave to cool.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are roasting, rougly chop avocado and tomatoes. Slice spring onion and mince garlic.
- Place cut ingredients into a bowl and add coriander, lime juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Give it a quick mix with the stick blender, until you have a chunky salsa. Set aside.
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes, mash them together in a bowl. Add salt.
- Add the spelt flour to the sweet potato mash little by little, and work it in using your hands or a spatula. When you have a workable dough, divide into 7-8 pieces. On a floured surface, roll out to 3mm thin tortilla breads. Add more flour as needed.
- Toast the tortilla bread in a dry, hot pan on both sides until it’s got a bit of colour. Place under a clean kitchen towel and spray with a little water. Repeat with the rest of the dough, removing any excess flour in the pan between rounds.
Serve the warm tortillas with chunky guacamole, black beans, corn (preferably sautéed until browned), pickled red onion, coriander and lime juice.