When it comes to entertaining at home in summer, steamed seafood is a go-to for some of the best chefs around the country. Steam ensures the succulent flavours of the produce are locked in and it keeps the dish moist and succulent. We caught up with some of the Electrolux Professional Chefs Massimo Mele, Richard Ousby and Nel Robinson who shared their favourite ways to cook seafood using steam.
2 x 500g whole john dory
70ml white wine
2 cloves garlic finely sliced
2 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 fresh chorizo sausage chopped
200g pitted green olives
2 tbsp chopped parsley
¼ cup picked basil leaves
125g unsalted butter
1 pinch cumin powder
- Pre-heat the Electrolux Steam oven to 170°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Line a large deep tray with baking paper. Place half the butter in a bowl then add the garlic, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of ground white pepper.
- Rub the butter over the fish and place in the tray. Scatter the pippies, chopped chorizo, olives, lemon zest and white wine over the fish.
- Cook for 12-15 mins.
- Once fish is cooked pour all the excess liquid into a saucepan.
- Cover the fish with foil and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, the remaining butter, parsley and basil to the fish liquid in the saucepan. Reduce the sauce until it has a creamy consistency.
- Pour over the fish and serve.