4 x 200gm snapper fillets
50ml olive oil
100g jamon serrano diced roughly
Half a brown onion
finely diced 3 cloves of garlic
finely chopped 1kg of clams cleaned and drained
100ml dry white wine (recommend Albarino)
300ml fish stock
1 cup cooked peas
1 large handful of parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over gentle heat and cook the onions and garlic for about 10 minutes or until soft and translucent, then add the jamon.
- Turn the heat to high and add the clams. Toss in the pan for a brief minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, allow this to come to the boil, then add the fish stock. Cover and allow the liquid to come to the boil. Once the liquid has boiled remove the cover and reduce the heat.
- With a pair of tongs, take out the clams that have opened and place in a covered bowl. Continue simmering for a few minutes and remove any clams as they open. After this, remove and discard any unopened clams, increase the heat and continue cooking the stock until it reduces by half.
- Add the peas and cook covered for a brief minute to heat them through.
- Reduce to a gentle heat and finish the sauce by stirring in the chilled butter continuously to emulsify and thicken the sauce.
- Place the snapper in your Electrolux steam oven and steam for 8 minutes on the half steam setting.
- After a few minutes, remove from heat and reintroduce clams and snapper to the pan, stir a few times, then serve immediately.