80ml lemon juice
4 x 100g Murray cod steaks
2 bunches silverbeet (washed well and de-stemmed)
1 punnet of native violets
30g trout roe
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 130°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Place the butter in a small pan and melt until golden brown and nutty. Allow to cool slightly once melted.
- Place the fish into a baking dish and cover with the burnt butter.
- Insert the probe into the thickest part of one of the cod steaks.
- Place the tray in the oven and connect the probe.
- Set the probe core temperature to 70°C.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove the probe and reserve the butter.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together and add the cream.
- Pour into a non-stick saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Whisk continuously until smooth and cooked.
- Place the silverbeet in a pan and pour over the reserved butter. Cook until the silverbeet wilts.
- To serve, place the fish on the base of a bowl, add the creamed egg, followed by the silverbeet.
- Garnish with fish roe and native violets.