150g self-raising flour
Pinch baking powder
150g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
150g soft light brown sugar
30g golden syrup
3 free range eggs
1 orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
100g caster sugar
2 oranges, juice only
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 160°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Grease a 500ml glass ovenproof bowl and prepare a bainmarie (half fill a baking tray with water) and place in oven.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup, until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well to incorporate before adding the next egg.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the bowl of flour for two minutes, until pale and light.
- Place the pudding mixture in to the prepared bowl and then into the bain-marie.
- Cover the entire bain-marie with foil, making sure to have a good seal.
- Return to the oven and bake for 80-90 mins, or until the pudding has set. Test with a skewer.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer to reduce to a syrup consistency and leave to warm.
- Serve the pudding by pouring the sauce on top.