½ cup peach jam
200g mixed peel
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup Italian polenta
1 ½ tsp baking powder
4 egg yolks
150g caster sugar
50g corn flour
Peel of 1 lemon cut into strips
200ml pouring cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 150°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Butter individual ramekins and spread the jam equally in the bottom of each bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a bain-marie (deep tray half filled with water) and place in the oven.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat the eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the mixed peel, flour, polenta, baking powder and milk. Mix well but do not beat.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins on top of the jam, until they are three quarters full.
- Place in the bain-marie. Cover the entire bain-marie with foil and place in the oven.
- Cook the puddings for 50-60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and from the bain-marie. Uncover and allow to cool. To remove puddings from ramekins gently move knife around the outsides of the pudding. Invert onto a plate.
- Mix eggs and sugar until fluffy, then add cornflour.
- Combine the milk and lemon, bring to gentle boil.
- Slowly whisk the warm milk into the egg mixture, careful not to cook the eggs.
- Cook mix over gentle heat until it thickens.
- Strain and chill. Fold in whipped cream and limoncello to serve.
- Serve with fresh peaches and limoncello custard.