Zest of 3 limes
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper
100g white vinegar
2kg Roma tomatoes
1 celery stick
White wine vinegar
1 market-bunch mint, picked
400g grapeseed oil
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 110°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Place a bain-marie in the oven to preheat.
- Sous vide the crab meat and olive oil.
- Place in the bain-marie and cook for 10 mins then remove and chill in an ice bath.
- Take crab out of the sous vide bag. Strain and squeeze excess juice. Place the crab meat into a mixing bowl. Add the crème fraiche, chives, chili, lime zest and juice and season to taste.
- Can be used immediately or sous vide and stored in the fridge.
- Prepare a pickling liquid by mixing parts of vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a jar.
- Slice the carrots and place in the jar with pickling liquid.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Blitz and filter overnight through an oil filter.
- Add water, tabasco, white wine vinegar and salt to taste.
- Blanch the mint leaves in boiling water for 2 seconds then drain the excess water.
- Blend the mint leaves with oil.
- Filter and drain the oil and sous vide the mint oil until needed.
- Add the pickled carrots, macadamia puree, tomato water and mint oil accordingly on top of the crab meat.