300ml whole milk
150g unsalted butter
70g plain flour
5g sea salt
3g ground nutmeg
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
200g Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 200°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Preheat six ramekins in the oven (single serve ramekins).
- Boil the milk in a heavy-based pad then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan to make a ‘roux’. Add the flour and stir continuously with a whisk. Cook for 2-3 mins at medium heat to cook out the flour.
- Add the hot milk gradually whilst whisking.
- Cook the mix for 2-3 mins once all the milk has been added, continuously stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the roux from heat. Add paprika, salt and nutmeg, stirring in with a wooden spoon.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition.
- Add the Gruyere cheese, stirring in with a spoon.
- Scrape soufflé base into a large bowl, cover with glad wrap and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the soufflé mixture (while it’s still warm), one third at a time.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into the evenly buttered ramekins.