1 loaf of sourdough from your local bakery
500ml thickened cream
3 whole extra large eggs
2 extra large egg yolk
3g fresh cracked black pepper
40g Gruyere cheese, grated
20g chives, finely chopped
- Cut the bread top off (keep the base about 5 cm high).
- Slowly pick the inside bread out, avoid breaking the shell.
- Pre-bake the shell at 165°C for 10 mins.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 155°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Place whole eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Pass the mix through a fine strainer.
- Caramelise the diced bacon in a frying pan and then cool slightly.
- Add the cold caramelised bacon, grated Gruyere cheese and chives to the quiche mix.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into the sourdough bread shell.
- Bake the quiche for 40 mins or until set.