As many potatoes you wish to serve
A pinch of salt
A pot of water – water level needs to be 3 to 4cm above the tops of the potatoes
Rendered fat or oil
- Boil a pot of salted water
- Add the potatoes and boil until they are almost breaking apart
- Remove the potatoes from the water and either leave them to chill in the fridge overnight or wait until they reach room temperature
- Add rendered fat or oil to a pan and place on medium heat
- Add the potatoes to the pan and do not move until they are beautifully golden
- Once golden, turn the potatoes until the other side is also golden
- Add butter to the pan and turn the potatoes for a third time
- Once fully golden, add a pinch of salt and serve immediately!
Note: Cooking time also includes chilling potatoes overnight.