1 cup buckwheat
1 ½ cups water
2 tsp Ras El Hanout
(North African spice mix)
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
3 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp orange juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of salt
½ cup picked
1 tbsp sumac
- Soak the buckwheat for 1 hour before cooking, rinse and drain the tap.
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 180°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Place the buckwheat, Ras el Hanout, olive oil and salt into a tray and cook for 25 mins.
- Check to see if the liquid has been absorbed. Leave at room temperature for a further 15 mins.
- ‘Fluff’ the buckwheat with a fork to separate the grains. Pour over the lemon juice, taste and check the seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until hot.
- Cut the eggplant into 8 wedges each (lengthways), brush with olive oil and season with salt, grill on each side until lightly charred all over and soft to touch.
- Mix together the lemon juice, orange juice and crushed garlic in a bowl.
- Add the tahini and whisk to combine. Thin with a little water if necessary - it should be the consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- Scatter the buckwheat leaving spaces for the eggplant.
- Fill in the voids with the eggplant.
- Spoon over the tahini dressing.
- Garnish the dish with pomegranate seeds, picked coriander and sumac.