1 loaf rye sourdough (or a bread of your choosing)
8 free-range eggs
2 punnets of heirloom tomatoes (medium size)
½ bunch basil
- Preheat Electrolux Steam oven to 130°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Place eggs (in their shells) on the slotted stainless steel oven rack and steam for 6 mins.
- Place the tomatoes onto a tray and dress with olive oil, salt and black pepper and place in the oven for 4 mins with the eggs.
- Cook the tomatoes until their skin begins to split. Retain the tomato juice/oil mixture.
- Run the eggs under cold water until the shells are cool enough to touch, then gently crack the shells and peel the egg, keeping the eggs whole.
- Cut the sourdough into 2cm thick slices and lightly toast the bread.
- Top the toasted bread with the soft steamed eggs, tomatoes and tomato dressing, then slice the avocado and place beside to garnish.
To serve, rip fresh basil leaves and place on top with cracked black pepper.