340g dark chocolate
1 vanilla bean
5 eggs, separated
125g plain flour
- Preheat the Electrolux steam oven to 150°C using the Electrolux steam function.
- Melt the butter and chocolate on a saucepan under low heat. Once melted take off the heat and whisk in the vanilla bean seeds and a pinch of salt.
- Add 1 egg yolk at a time, making sure the yolk is whisked quickly until combined.
- Sift in the flour then fold the flour into the chocolate mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in an electric mixer until it froths, then gradually add in the sugar.
- Continue whisking until it reaches soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, adding a quarter at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 16cm spring form cake tin and bake for 30 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 mins before turning out of the cake tin.
- Serve with mascarpone or vanilla ice cream.