Rated 5 out of
Precise cooking, easy to use, great design
Made our purchase based on using a friend's two Electrolux wall ovens. The cooking result was attention-grabbing. We chose the EFEP956DSD as we wanted a 90cm freestanding cooker. Observations as follows:
- Induction uses higher amps and requires its own circuit. An electrician will need to install if not already present. Check that your switchboard has capacity.
- Highly responsive cooking, at least as good as gas. Once familiar with settings, precise control is easy...from keeping things gently hot (without burning) to intense heat for wok cooking
- Easy to clean surface (recommend Barman's Friend cook-top cleaner)
- Intuitive controls
- Super-sleek appearance enhances our modest kitchen
- Induction cooking produces a unique sound...not a big deal but different to gas or standard electric.
- extremely even baking/roasting results
- spacious enough for multiple dishes/trays
- intuitive controls enable easy selection of standardized settings or custom adjustment
- Taken our cooking to the next level. It's a joy to use and is a superb piece of design.
- Has enabled us to move to an all-electric house, with no appreciable increase in energy consumption (we have a smart-meter and monitor this).
- After-sales is good and prompt. One of the oven racks arrived with a small manufactured fault. A quick call to the support number resulted in a replacement arriving within days.
- In terms of aesthetics, we have chosen not to install the kickboard, so as to match our cabinetry. The black legs 'disappear' and are sufficient on their own. An option for stainless legs or a 'floating' appearance may further the installation potential for this excellent cooker.
- This glowing review is given while recognizing our 1 month ownership...but also the experience of friends who have been happily using comparable models for years.
Date published: 2020-07-11