1. Types of washing machine
If you’re in the market for new laundry appliances you’re most likely choosing between a front-loader washing machine and a top-loader washing machine. There are advantages to both - top-loaders have slightly larger capacity than their front-loading counterparts and can be cheaper to purchase, but front-loaders are gentler on clothes and significantly more energy-efficient to run, meaning you save money (and the environment) over the long term.
4. Wash cycles and settings
Understanding the proper use of your cycle-settings means getting the most out of your clothes long term.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do at Electrolux, and a big focus of our laundry range. The way you wash your clothes can make a huge difference in your efforts to create a more sustainable home. For example:
- Using the correct settings on your washing machine ensure your clothes last longer, reducing turnover and fast fashion purchasing
- Choosing to take advantage of cold washing/eco settings means reducing your energy footprint with each load
- Buying a front-load washing machine can allow you to wash your clothes at a third of the energy usage required by a top-loader
- Draining your machine into a bucket and re-using the water in the garden is a simple and effortless way to recycle thousands of litres of water
To make your laundry even more efficient, our laundry pedestal raises your front-loader to optimal working height, providing a handy drawer underneath. If you’re looking for a way to stack your dryer on top of your washer without having to mount it to the wall, try our laundry stacking kit, designed specifically for Electrolux washers and condenser dryers — featuring a convenient pull-out bench, integrated handle and a white facade to match the washer and dryer.
7. Looking after your washing machine
For consistent results, a few simple maintenance measures will keep things running smoothly. Don’t forget to flush out and clean your washing machine’s drain and lint-catcher regularly - you can find detailed instructions on Pg 25 of our user manual. In addition, wiping down the door seals with vinegar is an environmentally-friendly and cheap way to help prevent mould and mildew forming.