Our sustainability framework - For the better 2030
Our sustainability framework - For the Better 2030 - defines how Electrolux works to achieve Better Solutions, Better Company and Better Living. It includes our most important sustainability issues and helps us strive toward our purpose to shape living for the better.
Meeting the growing global market formhousehold appliances without increasing environmental impact requires us to further optimize product performance and make better use of resources:
- We create ever more efficient, highperformance appliances, which help consumers to live better lives, save money and reduce their environmental footprint.
- We will proactively contribute toward the circular economy by integrating a circular approach into our products and solutions.
- Our consumers can be reassured that we manage chemicals carefully and replace those that cause concern.
We work continuously to be more resource efficient, and become a safer, diverse and more ethical company– both in our own operations and throughout our supply chain:
- We are reducing our own footprint by running efficient operations all around the world, starting with our 6-star energy rated distribution centre in Ravenhall, Melbourne.
- We continue to build an ethical, diverse, inclusive and trusted company, where everyone impacted by our operations can feel confident that their rights are respected.
- Our products are to be made in the same way throughout our global supply chain – with respect for the people who made them and care for the environment.
We aim to shape better and more sustainable living around the world by promoting better eating, better garment care and better home environments:
- By positively influencing how our products are used, we can reduce food waste, promote resource efficient food choices and nutrition, as well as enhance sustainable eating experiences.
- As a leading laundry appliance manufacturer, we can further contribute to more sustainable laundry practices by incorporating innovative solutions and promoting modern laundry habits that increase laundry efficiency and improve garment care.
- We offer consumers air, water and floor products and solutions that promote wellbeing in the home by making indoor environments healthier and caring for them more sustainably.
Food is the single most critical factor when it comes to our health. It is also critical to our planet’s health, with the food industry accounting for one third of global energy consumption and over 20 percent of emissions.* All the more shocking, then, that 30 percent of the food we buy is thrown away,** even though one-ninth of the world is going to sleep hungry each night.*** That is why we aim to help people make better eating choices in ways that are effortless and enjoyable.
*UN SDG, 2018 **UN SDG, 2018 ***Food Aid Foundation, Hunger Map, 2019
Better Clothing Care
Clothes. They’re among the most personal items we own. But our wardrobes are contributing to global climate change. Over the past 20 years, we have quadrupled the number of garments we go through.* We also discovered that compounding the issue is the fact that 90% of our clothes are thrown away before they need to be.** Part of the problem is fast fashion—another is aftercare. Due to poor, outdated laundry habits, the lifespan of garments is diminishing. It’s time we changed the way we consume and care for our clothes. As experts in clothing care, we want to do all we can to help drive this change.
* Fashion Revolution ** AEG Care Label Project
Better home environment
Poor air quality has become a widespread risk to human health. According to the UN, 92% of people live in places where pollution exceeds recommended limits. While we spend much of our time indoors — on average, about 16 hours a day* — this only makes matters worse. Due to inadequate ventilation and floor hygiene, the concentration of harmful pollutants indoors can often be up to five times higher than outdoors.* This doesn’t have to be the case. And we can undertake efforts to improve people’s wellbeing at home.
* Source: BEAMA – My health My Home
Electrolux invites young change makers
Electrolux invites today’s youth to join a team of change-makers – a collaboration between Electrolux, young minds from across the globe aiming to drive positive change, and leading change-makers and experts already making a difference today. Watch the video to find out more.
EXPLORE MORE ARTICLES
Sustainability Expert Clare Press Teams Up with Electrolux to Educate Australia on How to Be a More Conscious Consumer
Sustainability tips: A month-by-month guide to a greener home