½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
2 Peppino peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
1kg zucchini, sliced as fine as you can using a knife
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
Fried Pizza - makes 15 balls
650ml tepid water
900g 00 flour
14g dry yeast
50ml olive oil
1 cup oil for frying, preferably olive oil
- Heat 2/3rds of the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until very tender. Using a wooden spoon, break up any large pieces of zucchini. Add parsley, oregano, chillis, cracked pepper and lemon juice. Cook until the olive oil is emulsified.
- Season with salt and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the mint and lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature with the fried pizza.
- To prepare the dough, mix yeast and water, olive oil and sugar and set aside for 30 minutes if using a stand mixer make sure you attach the dough hook.
- Sieve flour and add in mixing bowl turn on the mixer and have it on a slow setting. Add water, honey and yeast mix to the flour while mixing but not all at once. Work dough for 5 minutes then add salt and mix for another 5 minutes. Rest dough for 1 hour, then portion into 100g balls, place them on a tray and refrigerate for another hour..
- To assemble, take the pizza balls from the fridge and bring to room temp, about an hour.
- Place 1 cup of olive oil in a pan and bring up to moderate heat. Press down the dough balls using your fingers. don’t put holes in them just press them out like you are making focaccia. Fry until golden on both sides (about 3 minutes).
- Serve with zucchini dip on the side, sprinkled with sea salt.a
The Chefs Garden recipes
Baked Figs Wrapped in Pancetta with Goat’s Cheese & Nashi PearsLearn the art of creating delectable stuffed figs wrapped in crispy pancetta, complemented by a refreshing salad thanks to Massimo.
Beetroot Salad with Goat’s CurdUnlock the flavours of our roasted beetroot salad with goat’s curd and hazelnuts. Tender beetroots, paired with a medley of fresh herbs and a luscious goat’s curd. Elevate your dining experience with this vibrant and delicious salad
Gnocchi with Tomato SugoLearn how to make a delicious homemade gnocchi with a savory tomato and bail source with Massimo Mele.
Honey & Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh BerriesIndulge in the velvety goodness of our vanilla panna cotta topped with a burst of macerated berries. This creamy delight, perfectly balanced with elderflower vinegar, is a dessert masterpiece that will elevate your dining experience.
PepperonataElevate your culinary skills with our roasted pepper and caper relish recipe. Char peppers to perfections, combine them with aromatic onions, garlic and a flavourful blend of ingredients. This versatile relish gets even better with time.